A) Removal of Pharmaceuticals from Aqueous Solutions Using UV Irradiation and Hydrogen Peroxide
Stavros POULOPOULOS1, Aphrodite TETOROU2, Constantine PHILIPPOPOULOS3
1Nazarbayev University, Kazakhstan, 2Hellenic Open University, Greece, 3National Technical University of Athens, Greece
B) Fly Ash Derived Synthetic Zeolites Impregnated with Silver Nanoparticles; Characterization and Mercury Removal Potential
Stavros POULOPOULOS1, Vasileios INGLEZAKIS1, Dhawal SHAH1, Zhandos TAUANOV1, Grigorios ITSKOS2
1Nazarbayev University, Kazakhstan, 2Purdue University, United States of America
link to the conference http://www.wcce10.org/
The Festival of Postgraduate research is a week-long programme of events celebrating doctoral research at Brighton. The main aim of this event is to celebrate and showcase postgraduate research, to bring people together, and to draw to the attention of the wider community the important and exciting work of doctoral students. On the agenda were panels, workshops, exhibitions, lab tours, seminars, work-in-progress presentations and more. Zhandos had shown excellent work at “Work in progress presentations” event .
Also he presented the research poster on “Fly Ash Derived Synthetic Zeolites Impregnated with Silver Nanoparticles: Characterization and Mercury Removal Potential”. Wish him further success in his research!
ESTg was there, represented by Prof. Inglezakis
The portfolio companies of Samruk-Kazyna JSC (“the Fund”) – Tau-Ken Samruk JSC, Samruk-Energy JSC and United Chemical Company LLP -have signed roadmaps with Nazarbayev University (“University”) for the creation of chemical, petrochemical and geological research laboratories.
Under the roadmaps, it is planned to carry out a range of works to build and equip hands-on research and production centers on the basis of the university. This initiative is being implemented by the Fund in accordance with the President’s instructions.
• Study of Oil Pipeline Corrosion, funded by the private entity “Karachaganak Petroleum Operating” (KPO)
• Development of municipal solid waste combustion and incineration technology for Astana (Kazakhstan) and investigation of municipal solid waste blending effects on reactivity of coals in CFB combustion and gasification processes, ORAU-funded project
V. Inglezakis, A. Kudarova, D. Tarassov, A. Jetybayeva, Y. Myngtay and D. Zhalmuratova, Dastan Nurmukhambetov, Inhibitory effects of polar and non-polar organic substances on activated sludge activity, Desalination and Water Treatment (accepted)
1. I. Noya, S. González-García, G. Feijoo, E. Katsou, V. Inglezakis, M.T. Moreira, Environmental comparative assessment of different waste strategies in developing regions, ATHENS 2017 5th International Conference on Sustainable Solid Waste Management, 21-24 June 2017 (Oral)
2. Yerbol Sarbassov, Gulzhan Khamitova, Dastan Nurmukhambetov, Dmitriy Berillo, Vassilis Inglezakis, Stavros Poulopoulos, Characterisation of landfill leachate from municipal solid waste of Astana city, ATHENS 2017 5th International Conference on Sustainable Solid Waste Management, 21-24 June 2017 (Oral)
3. Antonis A. Zorpas, Vassilis Inglezakis, Tiberio Daddi, Mejdi Jeguirim, Lionel Limousy, Jose Navarro Pedreño, Maria Doula, Loizia Pantelitsa, Irene Voukkali, Ttofali Niki, Differences between waste compositional analysis and management system from European and Mediterranean Area as well as from Central Asia, ATHENS 2017 5th International Conference on Sustainable Solid Waste Management, 21-24 June 2017 (Oral)
4. V. Inglezakis, D. Doskaliyev A. Rizuan, , A. Tabyldiyev, B. Kuspangaliyeva, B. Abylkhani, D. Tarassov, A. Jetybayeva, Y. Myngtay, D. Zhalmuratova, A.Zorpas, Effects of phenol and chlorophenols on the performance of a continuous flow activated sludge bioreactor, 6th CEMEPE/SECOTOX Conference, Thessaloniki, Greece, 25-30 June 2017(Oral)