2009 – Doctor of Biological Sciences (Doktor nauk) of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Participation in research and awards
- MES funded “Project Foresight Research of Ecological Safety of radioactively contaminated soil” (2009-2011)
- Participation in the FP7-IRSES-ENSOR project, July 2014, University of Brighton, UK (2013- 2015).
- MES funded “Nanomaterials for Practical Use in Remediation: Case Study of Mercury Contamination in the Lake Bylkyldak” (2014-2017).
- MES funded “Development of novel highly productive track etched membranes for forward osmosis process” (2015-2017).
- NU, ORAU funded “Hyperstoichiometric activity in the interaction of metals” (2015-2018).
- RAENG funded “Nitrogen-Grafted Activated Carbon: Remove Nitrate in Water; Electro-Regeneration” (2014-2016).
- Participation in the educational program of the Kazakh-French Center FIDJIP-EUROTALENT CONCORDE (2013), France-Switzerland-Luxembourg-Belgium.
- MES Grant “Best lecturer KZ-2012”.
- British Council Researcher Links Travel Grant awarded under the Newton – Al-Farabi Partnership Programme, 6 months to the University of Brighton (6 months, 2016).
- Aliya R. Satayeva, Carol A. Howell, Alina V. Korobeinyk, Jakpar Jandosov, Vassilis J. Inglezakis, Zulkhair A. Mansurov, Sergey V. Mikhalovsky. Investigation of rice husk derived activated carbon for removal of nitrate contamination from water. Science of the Total Environment 630 (2018) 1237–1245.
- Merkel A, Satayeva A, Cannon F, Howell C, Meikle S, László K, Inglezakis V, Jandosov J, Ray S, Mansurov Z, Mikhalovsky S. Characterisation of activated carbons obtained from rice husk, Eurasian Chemical and Technological Journal, 18, 2016.
- Toropov A, Satayeva A, Cundy A, Mikhalovsky S. The use of composite ferrocyanide materials for treatment of high salinity liquid radioactive wastes rich in cesium isotopes. Radiochimica Acta, 2014, 102 (10):911-917.
- Menzel F, Satayeva A. New records of black fungus gnats (Diptera: Sciaridae) from Egypt. – J. Studia Dipterologica Vol. 16 (Nr.9) 2009. – Heft ½: 241-242.
- E.F.Douglass, A.R.Satayeva, A.Merkel, F.Cannon, S,V.Mikhalovsky, M.Trenikin, T.Abdulin, I.N.Savina, A.B.Candy, Preparation of nitrogen-grafted activated carbon and study its sorption properties for removing nitrate from water, The Ensor Workshop on Nanocarbon materials, biomaterials and composites, March 3, University of Brighton, UK, 2015.
- A. Merkel, A. Satayeva, F. Cannon, C. Howell, St. Meikle, K. László, V. Inglezakis, J. Jandosov, S. Ray, Z. Mansurov and S. Mikhalovsky, Characterisation of Activated Carbons Obtained from Rice Husk, The World Conference on Carbon, July 10-15, PennState University, USA, 2016.
- A.Satayeva, F.Cannon, C.Howell, S.Meikle, K.László, A.Merkel, J.Jandosov, S.Ray and S.Mikhalovsky, TG-MS and XPS analysis of rice husk derived activated carbons, The World Conference on Carbon, July 10-15, PennState University, USA, 2016.
Contact details: email@example.com