- Italian-Kazakh bilateral Symposium “Our Common Future: Energy, Environment & Development”, EXPO2017, Italian Pavilion, 30-31 August 2017
- Nanoporous and Nanostructured Materials for Medical Applications (NanoMed), Universidad de Alicante (Spain, Project Leader), V. Inglezakis (PI – NU) , HORIZON 2020 (RISE) project funded by the European Commission (2017-2020)
- Nanomaterials engineering for environmental remediation: deep decontamination of the Lake Bylkyldak from mercury, Yevgeniy Nikitin, Eurasian Innovation University (PI), S. Mikhalovsky, University of Brighton (Co-PI), V. Inglezakis, Nazarbayev University (Co-PI), Nurlan Yerezhepov, Bo-Na LLP (Co-PI), Industry Academia Partnership Programe (IAPP\1516\46), Royal Academy of Engineering – RAEng (UK) (2016-2018)
- Water management and environmental impact assessment in the oil and gas industry, Inglezakis (PI), Newton Researcher Links Workshops (funded by British Council) (2015) in collaboration with Brunel University (UK)
- Mercury contamination in Pavlodar and Borovoe, Kazakhstan: Evaluation of atmospheric emissions and cycle systems, site assessment, and human health risk characterization, Mert Guney (PI), Vassilis Inglezakis (Co-PI), ORAU funded project (2018-2020)
- Development of municipal solid waste combustion and incineration technology for Astana (Kazakhstan) and investigation of municipal solid washttp://estg.nu.edu.kz/projects/orau/te blending effects on reactivity of coals in CFB combustion and gasification processes, Yerbol Sarbassov (PI), V.J.Inglezakis (Co-PI), ORAU-funded project (2017-2019)
- Study of Oil Pipeline Corrosion, funded by the private entity “Karachaganak Petroleum Operating”, V.J.Inglezakis (PI)(2017)
- Hyperstiochiometry Activity in Metal Nanoparticle Interaction (HYPER Activ), V. Inglezakis (PI), 3-year ORAU Project approved by the NU Research Council, 2015-2018.
- Developing Cost-effective Lightweight Cast-Nanocomposites (NANOCAST), C. Spitas (PI), V. Inglezakis (Co-PI), 3-year ORAU Project approved by the NU Research Council, set to start on 1/1/2016.
Soil-Pipelines Interaction, V. Inglezakis (PI), subcontrated by NURIS Enterprise LTD and PETROFAC Engineering LTD (2016)
- Nanomaterials for Practical Use in Remediation: Case Study of Mercury Contamination in the Lake Bylkyldak, YevgeniyNikitin (PI), Eurasian Innovation University, S. Mikhalovsky (Co-PI), V. Inglezakis (Co-PI), Ray Whitby (Co-PI), MES funded project (2015-2018)
- The Kazakhstan Soil Microbiome: Characterization of Agricultural Challenges and Opportunities, Schönbach (PI), A. Kushugulova (Co-PI), V.Inglezakis (Co-Investigator), MES funded project (2015-2016)
Forward osmosis: process improvement/optimization, fouling and cleaning mechanisms. Ministry of Education and Science funded project (2015-2017). PI E. Arkhangelsky, co-PI V. Inglezakis.
Preliminary Study into the Development of Novel Membranes for Membrane Distillation Process. Nazarbayev University funded project. Seed Grant (2015). PI E. Arkhangelsky.
- Nitrogen-Grafted Activated Carbon: Remove Nitrate in Water; Electro-Regeneration: Mikhalovsky (PI), V. Inglezakis (Co-PI), ORAU funded project (2014-2017)
- Implementing and optimizing the operation of membrane bioreactors for petroleum wastewater treatment, Inglezakis (PI), Seed Grant (2013-2015) in collaboration with the University of Verona (Italy) and National Technical University of Athens (Greece)